Well hi welcome to my little blog. Just my little corner of craftiness, sewing, and refashioning. I am also a newly gluten free eater so you have a little bit of recipes mixed in here.

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Dyed Cardigan Take 2

This is take 2 b/c my first dyeing attempt on a white cardigan left me an electric tangerine cardigan, now given to Sonja to refashion into an item. When she is done I'll post it. Until then I'll start with take #2!

So another boring white cardigan. I wanted a mustard/beige cardigan to go with more items for work. This time I decided to try a Acid dye from Dharma trading. Yes I was slightly scared too when I first read it but thought I would give it a try.

I used their Honey mustard. I didn't weight the powder out, I just slopped it into the pot! LOL. Heated it up and made sure it was in solution (which I probably added too much b/c I did get some chunks but it actually didn't affect the dyeing process) washed my cardigan and mixed the two. The directions then called for adding vinegar. Luckly the boyfriend wasn't home and it didn't smell as bad as I thought it would. Instantly we had emulsification!


The end product.... a nice beige cardigan for work.

I am the cardigan queen! LOL! Much better than the stark white bland cardigan.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...