Well hi welcome to my little blog. Just my little corner of craftiness, sewing, and refashioning. I am also a newly gluten free eater so you have a little bit of recipes mixed in here.

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Skirt to Dress #2

Here is another refashion I did using a very large skirt.



Actually it is a 3XL!! Another wonderful buy from the local thrift store for $0.99. I loved the fabric and the bias strip edging.

I decided to turn it into a dress again! I started with trying this skirt on inside out and like how I would wear it as a dress. I pinned it where it would need to be taken in (and a lot of fabric might I add!!)


I then laid it down and went straight down the skirt with some pins.

Then I sewed and cut off the excess fabric.

Next I wanted to add a pinch in the middle of the dress to make it less square. So I sewed on a piece of elastic to the center (while I was stretching it out).



Next I made yet again another tube to create a belt for this dress. (longest part of the refashion!) I went for an elastic, stretchy belt for the dress. No ties.




Here's the final product. Love it! :)




Oh and btw I kept the zipper in the skirt. I just made sure I did not sew it out of the dress!

Yay that was a fun and quick project to break up paper reviewing in the lab! Hopefully papers will go out soon! :) Oh and I am using the rest of the fabric to make rosettes and probably turn it into a necklace. :)

Cheers,
Lauren

3 comments:

Karima said...

Hi from your newest follower/s I found you via Handmade Tuesdays. Now google following you, Karima from
www.karimascrafts.com
and
www.karimasblogs.blogspot.com

The LadyBugs Garden said...

I love your refashion items...

La La Lauren!!! said...

Thank you Karima and Ladybugs garden! :) I really appreciate this.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...