Well hi welcome to my little blog. Just my little corner of craftiness, sewing, and refashioning. I am also a newly gluten free eater so you have a little bit of recipes mixed in here.

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Portable Magnetic Needle Holder! Upcycled project

Upcycled Project: Project Magnetic Needle Case

I got inspired one day at hancock fabrics when I saw a case with a magnet in it that was meant for bringing your needles everywhere. I was not going to spend $10 on something I was confident i could make at home!

Items you will need:
1- small case. I used an old case that used to have eyelashes in it that I no longer used.
2- Glue: in the picture I have E6000. i wound up not using it b/c it was clogged and I was impatient. I wound up using GS Hypo cement. It is thin, quick drying, and strong.
3- Old free refridgerator magnet and a pair of scissors.

Instructions: Cut the magnet to the size of the case. Glue in! Done! 1 minute craft project


I added my needle and they stuck here is a picture of it


Look mom no hands! As a point of refernce I had a needle with a piece of thread in it ... See how it hangs :)




Wow, this is a handy case to have. I can put it in my purse and take it with me whereever I go to sew! It won't ruin my needles. They won't get lost in my purse or bag. And it is just nice to have something to organize my working needles at home period! :)
Hope you enjoy this project


1 comment:

Amie {Kitty Cats and Airplanes} said...

LOVE this idea! I'm always dropping needles and things. Will def have to try this!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...