Wow it is 2011! Can you believe it? Seriously? Holy cow! Now to set up some goals! Instead of lumping it all together, I am going to segregrate my "resolutions" as follows
General 2011: Use up what I have!!!
That's the theme! Use what I have! I have so much stuff. Just stuff everywhere and I feel like lately we are just trained to want stuff that we don't need. Seriously why do I want more stuff? I started a bit last year to use up my stuff but I am carrying it over to more parts of my life. So let's use up all my stuff!
1. Decrease fabric stockpile by ~50% (so there is no more out of the closet).
I am going to do this by practicing my sewing and making clothes. This was the reason why i bought the fabric in the first place and now I need to follow thru on my behavior.
2. Decrease my debt 50%.
Well if i am going to use up all my "stuff" lol this should just happen naturally. I can totally do this!
3. Reduce my craft projects. This includes the following...
- stuff turkeys and pumpkin for mom
- snowmen cross stitch stockings (2 of them)
- lion latch hook
- light up santa cars
- penquin snow sign
-bless this house needlepoint
- advent calendar
- ADPi tshirt quilt (started and never finished)
- iris latch hook
- budha cross stitch
- cuba cross stitch (there are 3 i would love to have 1 done!)
- christmas stockings with lions (there are 2)
- felt christmas card holder
- cross stitch ornaments
ok i'm going to stop now there are so many crafts I have purchased over the years (and hence why I have so much stuff!)
4. Don't buy any more new manufactured clothes for a minimum of 6 months if not a year.
- this is the pledge i took to start out the new year. Its the 3rd day of January and I have resisted all temptations to go out and shop but Ive got 362 more days to go!
- I would like to refashion some items. My goal 1 refashioned item a month for 12 total refashioned items. :)
5. Belly Dance Goals: learn 5 more dances by myself. Should I teach them to Baklava then so be it. If not then I know something that I can use when I have to perform by myself. I have many choreo DVDS so 5 is very reasonable. :) Again its this whole stuff issue.... ah!
- and get a kick ass floor layback. my standing laybacks are getting better but floor ones I am not strong enough yet to do. :( this will be the year!
- choreo sabri aleel
-choreo fan veil dance
-finish veil poi dance that I started over 2 years ago
- finish my glass dance
6. Career Goals
- get renewed
- publish 2 papers
- get my own grant/funding!
7. Bellydance Costume goals
-finish harem pants
- finish black ab bra/belt set
- finish pink patchwork set
- corset tops
- fix red costume
- make my indian sherbert costume (pink and peach fun!)
- pink leopard set
- sequin dot costume- sounds bad but i guarantee you its going to look awesome!
- fix black costume from ebay.
- make a sewing form for myself
8. Use up all my perfumes, lotions, candles, shampoos/conditioners, etc that I have.
9. Random goals
- run a 5K
- use up some of my beads and make 2 necklaces (minimally)
- organize my recipes
- don't buy anymore fabric
- sell some of my stuff
- send out a picture instead of a christmas card
- get that thing that i really want :) I am not elaborating more. Guess!
Ok I think that is enough for now. I know its some lofty goals but I think I can accomplish it! I want less stuff!!!
Let's use up my stuff! :) wahoo Here's to 2011 with less stuff!