I looked in my ribbon stash and found this ruffle already made in white that I thought could help with the length. I also found some white rick-rack that maybe could be used for detail for this dress.
I started first with the white satin ruffle. I put 2 together and pinned to the dress. The dress is actually a dress with an addtional front layer to give it a multi-layered effect. I decided I wanted to put it on both layers. I had to hand sew it down b/c the satin and stretch knit together was a dangerous combo and led to the ruffle curling... the knit stretched while it sewed hence why it started to roll. Out can the seam ripper and I attached it by hand, which really it did not take long.
Next I thought I would try adding the rick-rack to the neckline of the dress. But I only wanted to use half of it and not show the entire rick-rack. Thus I would have a scalloped edge. I also attempted to do this with the sewing machine and failed. Instead of trying to figure it out, I did it by hand again.
Next I realized that the top layer move some and tacked it down to the actual dress. Just only that top part. Then the ruffles moved less and looked better on. I made a little white sash to give myself a waist.
Here is the end product, the dress sits longer on me which I am happy about. I love the scalloped trim on the bodice, which is just rick-rack. Note to self use more rick-rack as a trim for outfits. I do have to wear a tank top underneath, still deciding what color I like best.