I decided to turn it into a PJ based on the pillowcase dresses I made way back when for charity. And I'd make myself a PJ top for when it gets warmer over here (P.S. Dear spring- I'm waiting.....). The top is pure elastic around the neckline and some small sleeves. But the basic design is quite rectangular.
I stretched out the top and cut right below the sleeves. Then I cut out a J shape. It was 3X5 inches. Then I did a quick serge around the new armholes and the top of the freshly cut dress. Then folded over the armhole- sew down. Now it is nicely finished. Then folded down the front and back to make a casing- sew across. Then found some simple black satin ribbon in my stash. Wove it through, connecting the front and back. Tie in a pretty bow. :)
Much cuter! Now I have a PJ for the spring and summer. Yeah not taking a picture with it on!
Let's recap and have some fun with the mustache option of picmonkey. ;)