Well hi welcome to my little blog. Just my little corner of craftiness, sewing, and refashioning. I am also a newly gluten free eater so you have a little bit of recipes mixed in here.

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Men's polo shirt Refashion #1

Calvin gave me 2 of his too small (and as he put it well no its not, it is really too thick. sure honey tell yourself that) to go and refashion. I did not have many ideas yet with what I could do so I browsed the internet and I stumbled upon this lovely website!

OMG I love what she did with the men's shirt so I set off to copy it. My shirt was smaller than hers (I only have a large), so I thought it may be easier (wrong!). LOL


First I cut off that collar. No one wants it. Instantly the shirt began to look more feminine. I also knew I wanted to make this like a v-neck, folded the inside parts out and pinned in place.

Then I cut 8 inches from the bottom. --- this was my fail step. I should have cut less b/c it is slightly too short. Oh well!

I made a tube for the neckline to create the bow. I cut 3.5 inches of the fabric that I cut off from the bottom and cut away. I had just enough or else I would have had to seam rip the shirt bottom. I wanted to avoid doing that.

After sewing up my tube (just like I have been in the previous posts!), I found the center of the tube and the center neckline back. I sewed it down with my sewing machine. While on my body I actually pinned the tube to the top of the shirt. Since I did not want the stitches to show, I whip stitched the inner portion of the tube to the inside of the shirt. Now my tie won't move and look weird!


Then I also took in the shirt and the sleeves. I left both the bottom and the sleeves raw. I may change my mind on the sleeves but the bottom, since it is short, I will only be wearing tucked in with high-waisted bottoms. No use cleaning up that no one will see. :)

The end (yes I wore it to work!!)... with a high waisted black pencil skirt. Doesn't even look like a men's polo right??? :) Yay!


XOXOXO,
LaLaLauren

3 comments:

Emily said...

I just did one of these inspired from grey luster girl also! Looks great!
Emily
domesticdeadline.blogspot.com

BluBabesCreate said...

Oh wow! Love it! A more feminine version of the mens polo shirt! Love it!

Madeleine Macy said...

You can also do it to polo shirts for men and sweatshirts that also have a tendency to shrink in the sleeves. We usually add lycra cuffs that have the sewn slit for the thumb.Very trendy for middle and high school kids.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...