Well hi welcome to my little blog. Just my little corner of craftiness, sewing, and refashioning. I am also a newly gluten free eater so you have a little bit of recipes mixed in here.

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Men's polo shirt Refashion #1

Calvin gave me 2 of his too small (and as he put it well no its not, it is really too thick. sure honey tell yourself that) to go and refashion. I did not have many ideas yet with what I could do so I browsed the internet and I stumbled upon this lovely website!

OMG I love what she did with the men's shirt so I set off to copy it. My shirt was smaller than hers (I only have a large), so I thought it may be easier (wrong!). LOL


First I cut off that collar. No one wants it. Instantly the shirt began to look more feminine. I also knew I wanted to make this like a v-neck, folded the inside parts out and pinned in place.

Then I cut 8 inches from the bottom. --- this was my fail step. I should have cut less b/c it is slightly too short. Oh well!

I made a tube for the neckline to create the bow. I cut 3.5 inches of the fabric that I cut off from the bottom and cut away. I had just enough or else I would have had to seam rip the shirt bottom. I wanted to avoid doing that.

After sewing up my tube (just like I have been in the previous posts!), I found the center of the tube and the center neckline back. I sewed it down with my sewing machine. While on my body I actually pinned the tube to the top of the shirt. Since I did not want the stitches to show, I whip stitched the inner portion of the tube to the inside of the shirt. Now my tie won't move and look weird!


Then I also took in the shirt and the sleeves. I left both the bottom and the sleeves raw. I may change my mind on the sleeves but the bottom, since it is short, I will only be wearing tucked in with high-waisted bottoms. No use cleaning up that no one will see. :)

The end (yes I wore it to work!!)... with a high waisted black pencil skirt. Doesn't even look like a men's polo right??? :) Yay!


XOXOXO,
LaLaLauren

27 comments:

Emily said...

I just did one of these inspired from grey luster girl also! Looks great!
Emily
domesticdeadline.blogspot.com

BluBabesCreate said...

Oh wow! Love it! A more feminine version of the mens polo shirt! Love it!

Unknown said...

You can also do it to polo shirts for men and sweatshirts that also have a tendency to shrink in the sleeves. We usually add lycra cuffs that have the sewn slit for the thumb.Very trendy for middle and high school kids.

Shivi Sharma said...

This is so great post, I’ve become your latest follower! Thank you for sharing this,For buying polo t shirts online india you can buy it from the bigbananaonline. It's a one stop destination for all plus sizes mens clothing.

Kally said...

Nice Blog...!!!Thanks for sharing the blog about Designer T-Shirts. I found bigbananaonline it is the best Place to buy Men's 4XL plus size polo t shirts online .You can also check more varieties here - https://bigbananaonline.com/. That can help you to make easy decision to buy this stock. Go and shop with bigbananaonline.

Shikha Verma said...

You have shared a nice post your fashion product is going to attract different fashion lover arround the world. We are also offering plus size polo t shirts at affordable prices. For more checkout our site - https://bigbananaonline.com/

adam wayne said...

custom-designed Polo Shirt , we want you to be happy and satisfied. We are ready to help you in every step of the way. Any questions that you have can be discussed either by phone, email or through our designer for Polo Shirt . And our design team is ready to help and discuss any ideas and concepts that you may have.

adam wayne said...

custom-designed Polo Shirt , we want you to be happy and satisfied. We are ready to help you in every step of the way. Any questions that you have can be discussed either by phone, email or through our designer for Polo Shirt . And our design team is ready to help and discuss any ideas and concepts that you may have.

Anonymous said...

It is a very interesting post shared by you. Every time you share the superb collections of t-shirts. But there is a problem of plus size clothing for men.Please suggest me plus size clothing for mens in india.

Social Media Expert said...

Thanks For Share Awesome Custom Designed Shirt And Great Tutorial
Buy Clothing Online

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing this blog, we also have some of our best collection of 6xl t shirts india at affordable price.And get Rs 200 off on your first order.

Rani Taneja said...

Content of your blog is awesome. I really liked it. Thanks for sharing this blog.anyone please suggest me the xxxl t shirts in India at affodable price.

rahul gupta said...

Thanks for shairing this post. Like your collection of clothes seems you have a good knowledge of fashion.anyone please suggest me the plus size mens clothin in India at affodable price.

rahul gupta said...

Awesome! Thanks for sharing this great information across new collection of plus size clothes for men. Would love to hear more from you in upcoming days.suggest me some new brands of plus size clothing for mens in India.

Anonymous said...

Informative and very useful content, thanks for sharing this wonderful information. Would love to get more informative blogs from you.keep sharing, and suggest me some new brands of mens plus size clothing online india .

Unknown said...

This is an amazing article and loved it. I am looking forward more to this. Thank you for sharing this content. We are also offering mens 6xl t shirts india at affordable prices.

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing the blog about Designer T-Shirts. Your blog have really interesting and informative content. I found bigbananaonline it is the best place to buy plus size fashion clothes india . Here you get Rs 200 off on your first order.

Ritesh malala said...

Hi, I absolutely love the way how you define the dresses and I love it! Please share me the some sites of plus size mens clothing India .

gagan said...


Awesome! It is a very interesting post shared by you. You shared a great fashion clothing collection for plus size mens Here i suggest you bigbanan this is a most popular brand plus size mens clothing india and get Rs 200 off on your first order.

Dewankpal said...

Thanks for sharing your blog about modern fashion design. I found Best Place To buy big size shirts online. We also sell Joggers online which are made up of good quality. Wear your Joggers with pride! Available in all sizes.

Unknown said...



You shared a nice post about your latest fashion product, Here I suggest you bigbanana which is a famous brand formens plus size clothing online India. We have a 6xl t-shirts available at affordable prices.

Unknown said...

Very Nice Blog, Thanks for sharing such a nice blog. It is very simple to use your given tips about how plus size mens dress up plus size clothes. Here i suggest you bigbanana this is a most popular brand for plus size mens clothing India and get Rs 200 off on your first order.

Abhi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Abhi said...

I found this blog very interesting and informative.If you want buy plus size clothing stores then bigbananaonline is the best online stores.

Johnny said...

Thank you for sharing such an interesting blog. It's really simple to follow your advice on how to outfit plus-size guys in plus-size clothing. You can also take a look at t shirt companies in los angeles

IndusRobe said...

Great post shared by you, your trendy fashion clothing is going to attract fashion lovers around the world. We are also offering Branded t-shirts at affordable prices. For more check out our site -

johnso2 said...

Very informative article. Looking forward to more posts in near future. you can find company logo tablecloth

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...