Well hi welcome to my little blog. Just my little corner of craftiness, sewing, and refashioning. I am also a newly gluten free eater so you have a little bit of recipes mixed in here.

Monday, July 29, 2013

Satin Jones New York Refashion- Iron Craft Sleep

I found this lovely dress one day and the color is gorgeous. However once I put it on, it was sort of bleh. I mean it fit well. But...




It is sort of a weird length. And really what am I going to wear this to? Really? And there was some sort of sheerness to the bust. But I think this would make a great PH! And oh! This Iron Craft Challenge is sleep! Ding I got my project! :) Let's refashion this into a Nightie!

I decided to use this pattern from Vogue... V8888. 
I used the shorts pattern to make a pair of short shorts from the bottom part of the dress. 

It was a really easy pattern to sew. I did not sew the lace like the pattern calls for. After the shorts where done then I just hemmed the bottom of the top. And poof! I have a new cute PJ!


Much more appropriate for sleep! I am happy that I was able to participate in the iron craft!

xoxoxo,
Lauren

2 comments:

Just Crafty Enough said...

Great use of the dress, it kind of had a nightgown feel to it so it was meant to be.

La La Lauren!!! said...

I agree. it was totally meant to be a nightie. I have slept in into for 2 nights now. really comfy! much better as a nightie!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...