Well hi welcome to my little blog. Just my little corner of craftiness, sewing, and refashioning. I am also a newly gluten free eater so you have a little bit of recipes mixed in here.

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Craft and sewing resolutions

Here is my craft list of the things I'd like to do this year, laid out more.....

1. lion latch hook (its going in my closet to replace my barbie rug)

2. fall leave and pumpkin table runner. its a cross stitch that i will back with material and serge to finish.

3. matching pumpkin cloth napkins (this again is for mom!)

4. Turkey and pumpkin stuffed projects. I have like a gazillion of them too. this is a first for me, may take some time to tweak. again for mom and family for fun times at thanksgiving.

5. Snowmen pre-printed cross stitch stockings. they are so cute. will probably be gifts but i'm guessing i'll fall in love with them and won't want to part! there's 2 of them tho!

6. cuban cigar cross stitch. this will be my grandmother's christmas gift. i never finished it this year. counted cross stitches at times get on my nerves and i want more instant gratification.

7. finish my silver hipbelt that i made to match my silver bra from china. :)

8. Make matching gold and black hip belt for the bra i beaded. i also need to add the glass bead fringe i got from egypt too.

9. make matching crimson and black hip belt for the bra i beaded too.

10. Asian halter tops for me and baklava! i have this gorgeous asian brocade fabric that is just being called out to be used up! :)

11. Pink leopard costume set. Skirt is almost done. Need to bead it and then cover a bra. You will probably see me from space that fabric is so loud but so cute!

12. iris latch hook (dreaming but would love to get this out of my closet!)

13. vintage light up santa cars. its a felt kit, very cute.

14. penguin noel wall hanging. this is for joan for xmas. she loves penguins.

15. christmas at the beach felt ornaments. don't know who they are going to but someone in south florida!

16. finish up my small asian "bless this house" needlepoint. i already have one done, this would match!

17. finish up all the small cross stitch ornaments. they take me no time to do and it would get rid of some clutter! i'd say there are almost 10??? most can be easily done in 1 night.

18. flame skirt. and i think make a matching halter for it. could be a bellydance costume, could be a halloween costume if i throw on a pair of horns (or just let mine grow out according to some people) and get a pitch fork.

19. sew the following fashion items
A. Dress
B. Sweater
C. Skirt
D. Jacket
E. Shirt* (open to what i actually make)

20. advent calendar, easy sew project!

21. valentine wreath finish

22. Make beaded heart necklaces with the monofilament

23. Peacock feather bellydance costume???? :) oh yeah! i'd like it to be functional in either the tribal fusion and cabaret worlds too.

24. Pink pearl necklace!

25. Gold chain beaded necklace.

26. Make a quilt/blanket for Project Linus (www.projectlinus.org)

27. Zipper heart pendant

28. fix, sequin, and line those spandex skirts I also got from china

I'm sure I forgot things too but its nice to make a formal list. get things off my brain and have some record of it that i can check off as i go! I'm sure it will change as the year progresses but its always good to aim high. if i get 75% of this done by the end of the year i'd be super happy

hmm maybe i should open up an etsy account and sell some things that i am not going to use. that may make my boyfriend happier. LOL!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...