Well hi welcome to my little blog. Just my little corner of craftiness, sewing, and refashioning. I am also a newly gluten free eater so you have a little bit of recipes mixed in here.

Sunday, January 1, 2012

2012 New Years Resolutions

Ok I know a lot of people make New Years Resolutions and usually they are silly, but I am one of those people who really try to stick to them. I am always looking to improve myself and achieve something.

Here are my goals....

1. Fabric points Goal = 200! I almost made it there last year let's try to do it again!

2. Run a 5k. Knock on wood no more injuries. Just one. ;)

3. Bellydance costume goals (it is on my list)
- blue crystal costume- accented. use all those crystals I bought! only bra and a skirt with accents b/c i can't afford to make a belt!
- pink and peach indian sherbert costume- using up the chiffon I have had for years!
- pink patchwork officially finish
- finish black ebay costume
- pink leopard costume finish

4. Reduce craft stock by 50%.I would like to knock out 10-11 of these projects.
I have 21 crafts. here they are listed.
1. indian cross stitch palace
2/3/4- cuba cross stitch
5- grape coasters
6- iris van gough latch hook
7. asian kimono cross stitch
8. asian butterflies cross stitch
9/10 christmas cross stitch stockings
11. santa wild life stocking
12. santa stocking
13. no peeking banner
14. cardina banner
15. sitting budha
16. snowman sled banner
17. snow place like home banner
18. santa banner
19. cat stocking
20. Snowman star ornament
21. Bear star ornament


5. Sew 50 things for charity (if not more!)
- I could make pillowcase dresses and use up me trim too!
- I have a few other charity organizations I am going to sew for.

6. Reduce fabric- Goal to have all the fabric in the closet or under the bed. So that is the rest of the small pile and the big suitcase. Yes this will be a challenge.

7. Reduce bead stash. Goal: have boxes gone but have beads and sequins in the containers in the file box and rubermade box too. I'd also like to keep track of bead points!

8. Officially be out of credit card debt. I am moving forward. I can do it if I continue on the right track and no major bills pop up. I have calculated it and I can do it!

9. Finish that gosh darn t-shirt quilt from college.

10. Restore my grandmother's linens. Make aprons with one of the table cloths with holes in it.

11. Use at least 1 pattern per month! (so that would be 12!) Keep track of points.

12. I would like to at least draft 2 on my own patterns this year.

13. Dance Goals. Now that I am healthy again and getting myself stronger. I'd like to return to my goals mostly from last year. So learn 5 dances: law D, New Delhi Dank, Helwa, and 2 more of my choice!

14. Continuing refashioning. I love it! Goal = 52 refashions! I have over 40 potential projects just in my stash now! I am still going to continue to not buy clothing at retail stores. This is how I will continue to get out of debt. So it is 1 refashion a week!

15. Try to crochet or knit something. Just try!

16. Get another publication (or 2!) Try for funding!

17. Try to make my own swimsuit. B/c I am tired of swimsuit shopping! It is so depressing and I am determined to make my own!

So pulling it all together I want to keep track of points again
Fabric Points Goal = 200
Beads/Sequins Goal= 52
Charity sewing points= 50
Refashions= 52
Patterns= 12

Hmm maybe I'll keep track of it on excel and express it as a %?? And plot it an on excel. I think that is what I am going to do. Less craziness on the side bar.

Here's to keeping my 2012 new years resolutions! :)

xoxoxo,
Lauren

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...