Here is how I did it! First I tried to first draw my own but then I thought maybe someone has a free pattern online. Turns out someone does! WAhoo! I found the patttern on Chica and Jo here
They did the pattern with felt but I am going to try and sew it... wish me luck!
First I printed it out. But....
I was missing the bottom. I do not know what happened! so I free handed the bottom.
I first ironed interface to my fabric b/c it was too thin. Additionally I ironed stabilizer you will see why. I cut out the upper part of the bib.
Then I decided I wanted to make sprinkles using the decorative stitches on my new sewing machine. I accidentally used the wrong foot on my sewing machine so they came out more like scrunched circles but they worked.
Then I cleaned up the strings and cut away the rest of the bib.
Next I backed the bibs with the appropriate material.
For the stripes part of the project, I used this striped fabric material I had in my stash. This was going to be the cupcake holder. Since I used bright colors for my sprinkles they matched nicely.
I attached with glue. I could not think of any other way to connect with out seeing the stitches. So I opted for glue. Then I made the cherry and ironed it on (see the first picture!)
Yay for being able to knock 2 birds out with one stone! Irong Craft and baby shower gift! I have a bunch more baby shower gifts that I am finishing up but can't post for another 2 weeks. :( Liz may see them! As you can see I made a blue one for Joey her other baby so now they match!
Thanks for reading!!