Well hi welcome to my little blog. Just my little corner of craftiness, sewing, and refashioning. I am also a newly gluten free eater so you have a little bit of recipes mixed in here.

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Pink shirt makeover

Whew it has been a long day. I woke up early bright eyed and bushy tailed ready to get to work and conquer all. As I was packing my bag, I had a sharp pain in my stomach. Didn't think much of it but thought I was going to be fine. Long story short, I never made it into work. I had what felt like 5 bowling balls bouncing around in my stomach with the weirdest noise ever. I am finally keeping food in and I am finally feeling somewhat stronger. I am able to sit it now and thought I would finish catching up on some of my projects.


I thrifted this shirt while I was visiting my family in Florida. The shirt was in great shape and would be great for work but I hated the color. I thought I would dye it and make it better. :) It was polyester/nylon mix so I had to go to iDYE (which btw is now available in some stores! exciting news!) I had blue and purple. I opted for purple, I mean violet, b/c the and violet would just make a purple and I could live with that!

What I did not expect was the outcome! Holy cow! I was in love with this color!

What I could not get the camera to pick up was the color, it is actually much richer and jewel tone than my camera can pick up. I tried different lighting and no luck. I can't switch my camera's color mode either. It was enough for my boyfriend to go wow! He then spent the rest of the night dyeing his plastic disc golf discs which came out awesome!
What I love is the beads which were clear really stand out on the purple. I honestly did't know they exsisted until after I was done dyeing!

Sometimes all you need is some change of color!

XOXOXOXO,
Lauren

3 comments:

Penny-Rose said...

Hi Lauren, I love the shirt what a great transformation. Sorry to read that you have felt unwell and hope you are feeling better now. Take care.

claudia said...

What a gorgeous color!! love the refashion. Ive never tried to dye clothing....but will have fun trying im sure. Well done. :)

Unknown said...

WOW! That looks gorgeous! Great color choice. Thanks for sharing at Shine on Fridays!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...