Well hi welcome to my little blog. Just my little corner of craftiness, sewing, and refashioning. I am also a newly gluten free eater so you have a little bit of recipes mixed in here.

Friday, November 21, 2014

Shakeology Review

I have actually had this post for awhile now and needed to be written. At the beginning of summer I began the T25 workout but didn't finish it due to the horrible bone bruise I incurred on my shin. I could not work out for a long time, even with modifiers.

But I did try the shakeology that came with my videos. I thought I would give it a try. Now it did NOT say it was overtly gluten free. It is a proprietary mix of things so I was really nervous about trying this out. I did some research on the internet where some other people mentioned it was gluten free. I gave it a try.

I have now tried it multiple times with different combos of fruits to generate different flavors. Overall, the taste and texture is good. Do I feel less hungry? Nope. Actually, I found myself getting hungrier quicker. In either recipe I tried, I was HUNGRY. The company bills its product as giving you more energy, etc. I did not observe any change from my normal diet in having their product. I tend to throw up a red flag when a company promotes their product has so much benefits. As a scientist by day, I tend to be critical and review everything.  Now comes my last thought regarding purchasing this again- the price. For a 30 day supply, it cost $130. That is a little pricey for my budget.

Based on the assessment of my cravings, not knowing what is actually in the mix, and the price my overall consensus is I will not be purchasing this product again. I don't doubt there is healthy items in the mix, or for some people using this as a meal replacement would yield positive benefits. My own personal meals are pretty healthy and I know what gets put in them. And if there is no labeling it just makes me so nervous!!! With me wanting to save for a house, I just can't justify the money spent.

Cheers,
Lauren

Please note that all these opinions are my own and are not that of others. I was not reimbursed in any way, shape  or form for my opinion. Please make your own judgements regarding the efficacy of this product.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...