The end result was awesome! It was a grey mixed with some blue green. There was no tan left. I cut off the ruffle around the edge. My initial plan was to make a lace circle top. But then I cut the circle too deep.
It was no longer going to work as a top. I sighed and it fell down, landing on my hips. Then I realized this fit perfectly as a skirt! Win!!! I needed to line it, which I found this brown fabric in my stash. And as serendipity would have it... it was the perfect size needed with my existing skirt! Double Win!!!
So I cut out the brown circle and cut a line down one side. This will allow me to put in a zipper. Now I need to make a waistband. I used this new sewing notion I found by chance when I was looking for something else online. It is fusible interfacing that has cut line that allow for easy folding. Time to try it out!!
Finally, hemming. I took apart the lining from the lace and resewed them individually. This was solely because I wanted to individually hem each layer. The lace layer, I folded twice and ironed. Then sew It was really smooth. I used my serger for the brown layer. Done!
Here is my new skirt. OMG! It was completely destined to be a skirt. How fabulous is this!
It also had a bit of a retro feel to it. It was a full circle skirt, no doubt!!
Even though the hem was a bit of a challenge it looks great!
And with all circle skirts, you have to twirl with it! It is just sort of mandatory!
Here's the recap. Before a tablecloth, after an awesome circle skirt! Yay!
So this my readers finishes my 99 refashion challenge for 2014. Wow. It was really hard as my life got in the way of my life. I also realized putting numbers on things can at times make things harder. And stop some of the creativity. All of the refashions will go stored here on this list. It was a fun challenge and I came out with some fabulous clothing.