Well hi welcome to my little blog. Just my little corner of craftiness, sewing, and refashioning. I am also a newly gluten free eater so you have a little bit of recipes mixed in here.

Sunday, December 28, 2014

Mom's beach coverup, refashion #93

Alright well my break has been nice and I have been playing catch up with my personal life. And even began to sew and take pictures. Some of the last of my 99 refashion challenge were completed, I just needed photos. I have just been so slow with doing things!

This beach coverup was from my mom and a challenge to see what I could do with it. The shirred top with cotton gauze bottom was a bit of a challenge.


It hit me one day to turn it upside down and utilize the shirred band for a waist. First, I pulled off the front tie.
Next, I used brown bias tape and made strips to create an open shoulder/arm look. I measured  so they would be even. I sewed them on. I additionally took in the sides some. But I don't have a picture of that. Here's my new piece! Totally different and unexpected huh? :)


The shoulders....

This would be perfect for walking around the beach during the summer. Here's the recap!
6 more to go! Can you believe it? I can't believe I have sewed that many clothing items. But I also can't believe where the time has gone!!

Cheers,
Lauren

1 comment:

Liochka said...

Great refashion ! I like it !

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...