Well hi welcome to my little blog. Just my little corner of craftiness, sewing, and refashioning. I am also a newly gluten free eater so you have a little bit of recipes mixed in here.

Thursday, December 4, 2014

Union Jack Sweatshirt Refashion, #91

I think this sweatshirt I found was a mens. It was a size small and it was still pretty big on me. I always need warm clothes. I also wanted to give this sweatshirt a little bit of a personality. I have seen a bunch of union jack items and thought, oooh! I could add that!
First, time to just take in. I hemmed with my twin needle- OMG LOVE!!! I also took off the bands from the bottom of the shirt and sleeves.
Next, I had this holey sweatshirt that I really can only use for scraps.

I have used it previously to refashion another sweatshirt but I made a heart. Click here for the post!

I first printed out the flag so I would be accurate. I also printed out the size I wanted to achieve for the sweatshirt. Then I traced what I would need for the red part on one sheet of paper and then the same for the white. Cut out. I used scrap white fabric that was like t-shirt material. I lined it up as center I could. Then I cut out the red.


I sat down and watched a movie and grabbed some embroidery floss. In red and white. I then hand stitched it to my shirt. Which this is the first hand stitching I have done since my injury. I can do it but MAN! Sometimes I get nerve flares. Eek! Here is me almost done. I just had to add the small stripes. 

And here it is done! In LOVE!!!! BTW I would like to draw some attention to my legs.I started aerial yoga and I saw this picture and noticed that it has begun to get my legs in nice shape! Yay!

Up close



Yeah for new sweatshirt! A much better improvement! Here is the recap!
8 more to go !!!!

Cheers,
Lauren

3 comments:

Liochka said...

I love it !!!

Anonymous said...

I love this! I want to make one just like it. What is a double needle used for??

Helena A. said...

Hi lauren!
I follow your Blog for for some time now, and I must say that this is by far, one of the most awesome refashions you have made!
Great work girl!
kisses from Portugal!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...