Well Happy New Year and howdy to 2016. I am excited to what you will bring! Hopefully it will be good!
Sometimes I wonder why I write down resolutions and put them out there on the web. I really do. What is the purpose? Why do I feel the need to do so? I don't know but I think it makes me want to complete them more. At least that is what I have said in the past. Again, I aim high and if I high 1/3 of my goals, I will be happy b/c I do have work goals as well as personal goals. You only see my personal goals. You will see some repeats again in the list.
So if you have not noticed, but I did give the blog a face lift. I love peacocks and one day at the National Zoo I got some fabulous photos of the peacocks there. They were walking around and I think a feather fight was going on, and we could walk right in the middle of it. It was beautiful and scary at the same time. But I got some fabulous pictures, and hence they have made their way to my blog. And the pink is gone, I just want simple. That is all I want lately, simple, no bells-and-whistles. I have been meaning to update this blog for over a year and one night I got my act together. :) So hello peacocks!
1. Try something new. What- I don't know but I always want to challenge myself and try something new.
2. Complete a craft kit (bonus points if I do more than 1).
3. 200 things for charity! Hey let's see the bar high!
4. 12 Refashions. That is just 1 per month. Seems reasonable.
5. Buy no more fabric. Unless it has peacock feathers on it. Ok that seems like a silly excuse. LOL Or it is for a specific project like a Halloween costume or a special event. I think special occasion is fine. I just really need to get this stash tamed. Like really bad.
6. Finish the beta of T25 and start CIZE beach body workout plan.
7. Finish all of my bellydance DVDs (I know I am laughing to myself).
8. Get rid of more of my things and use up everything I have. What I mean by this is something probably many of us girls experience, we tend to get things on sale and stock up. Well at least I do, I like getting things on sale. What then happens is everything piles up. There are cabinets and drawers full of lotions, creams, body washes, etc, because it takes longer to use things then what my brain thinks. I mean do I really need that much eyeshadow? Especially when it doesn't stay on my face? So I want to spend the beginning portion of this year using up everything and only buy when I am about out. Also, I want to get rid of things I just don't use. Let's see how long it takes!
9. Read more books. Science or not science. Most likely they will be science related because I tend to be drawn to things where I can learn something and apply it to my work. I can't stand romance books, I get so bored and I feel the female leads are weak. It just is not my cup of tea. But I would like to read more! Goal is 5. I got some cool books for Christmas from my boyfriend.
10. Use up all the stuffing and fusible fleece I just purchased. Thinking I would have more time to sew this year I wanted to sew more for charity with making stuffed animals and bibs. That didn't really happen and I have a bag and a huge box (like 10 lbs of stuffing, the box is huge!!!). Sew (ha pun totally intended!) if I sew things for charity I should use these things right up!
11. Take a trip and go somewhere. I feel as if I don't take enough trips. I should try and go somewhere.
I know many of these things seem pretty similar to what I set the previous years. But my life also revolves around work and sewing. :) We also don't have any kids.
Here's to needing less, giving more, using up what I have, sewing, and getting my sewing stash under control!
Here's to 2016!