Well hi welcome to my little blog. Just my little corner of craftiness, sewing, and refashioning. I am also a newly gluten free eater so you have a little bit of recipes mixed in here.

Monday, May 2, 2011

Gray Embellished Sweater

Ready for a blog bomb? :) Here we go!!

I first found this rather large gray sweater and just fell for the material. It is a light sweater material so perfect for a cool spring/summer evening. It still had the tag on it!!





Now what you can not tell is I am wearing a skirt under this sweater in this picture. Yes I am wearing a skirt! You just can not see it whatsoever. But the good news was it was in perfect condition!!!

First thing first. Bring it in! I cheated and used a button down shirt I had handy to use as a guide.




Cut it off.




Sew it together! Now it is still super long. I took off 8 inches!!!




Then I began to cut circles to embellish the neck of this sweater, just like I did for my heart pin. Cut 1 1/2 inch strips, then into squares, which then went into circles. Pretty easy.




Next I started to bunch the circles and tack them down onto the sweater. This is actually easier than it seems. b/c you can put them and fold them whatever way you want to on the sweater. Also should one part start to unfold you can just tack down with another stitch. I started slightly behind the shoulders of the sweater and moved inward.




Closer view of the neckline







I continued the rest of the sweater. Almost done! I realized it needed something else to the bottom. I added row of elastic and did a blind hem sort of stitch.




Done!







I just love the feel of this sweater. It is so light and airy. and I love the wide neckline. And it was a pretty easy refashion. It is a amazing what a little taking in and a little embellishing can do to a garment.

Until next time!
XOXOXO,
Lauren

2 comments:

Brenda said...

I love your beautiful sweater. You did a great job. I'm a follower of your blog now.

La La Lauren!!! said...

thank you brenda! and thanks for following! welcome!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...