I decided to use a pattern. Use the top half of pants for a skirt and then use the bottom half for the bodice. First cut in half. Sew out that J front and back of the legs/bum area.
Bodice in the works... I screwed up on one part but you can't tell unless you look really closely at the finished garment. Half of the time I can't find it.
I used Vogue 8993, pretty easy pattern.
As you can see, the skirt sort of has a point to it but I kept it as is. I sort of liked the different feeling I got with the dress.
My only beef with this pattern is I felt as if the arm holes were a bit low.
Here is the recap.... big jeans to a dress. Yes... only a little bit of time left before the cold comes.