Well hi welcome to my little blog. Just my little corner of craftiness, sewing, and refashioning. I am also a newly gluten free eater so you have a little bit of recipes mixed in here.

Monday, March 21, 2011

Easiest Refashion Ever! Garment bag!

Greetings!I have now returned from an adventure in D.C. for ASBMB's Hill Day where for the day I was a Science Policy Advocate. I always have so much fun! I was fighting a horrible cold (and still am!) in the cooler DC weather and little sleep. Not to mention the "fun" I had in Atlanta's Airport!

So I started off with this hawaiian "dress" its basically a loose tank dress. There is ZERO shape to it!




Now I thought about what I wanted to do with it and then it hit me! Its Hula Season fast approaching for us performers/entertainers. Usually I just tote my hula skirt on a hanger but I don't have a garment bag for it and I have always wanted to make one just haven't been able to find pretty hawaiian fabric. So I decided to use this dress and turn it into a garmet bag for my hula skirt!

All I did was sew right across from the armholes (leaving room for hangers to come through) backstitched to ensure it wouldn't come apart I didn't need to sew the sides b/c they were already done and this dress is basically a box!



Cut off the excess material. Turn the right side out. And Ta-Da! Done! Easy peasy! 10 mins!

So here's the skirt i wear



Now here it is covered! It was the perfect width and length, I could not have asked for anything more!



Here's to a easy refashion! Ahola!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...