Many of my new years goals was to reduce my fabric stash and sew for charity.
I have already done 2 shipments to Bundles of love ( see here and here).
But another thing I wanted to do was make pillowcase dresses with alot of this fabric I knew I was never going to make something for myself.
I got my pattern and information from Dress a Girl Around the World, an Organization that gives dresses to girls in need all over the world. A wonderful organization. I could not be any happier sewing for them.
I cheated and made templates for 3 different sized dresses to make cutting easier. BTW i didn't use the arm holes on the templates b/c I forgot about the seam. Whoops!
Here is all what I made, there were too many dresses to fit in 1 picture so I split it into 3!
4 Size small dresses!
10 Size medium dresses!
10 Size large dresses.
How much do I love that orange that I know I can't wear myself but mixed with the turquoise and yellow. OMG fabulous!
I sent them off and they are on their way with a mission trip. I am so excited they are going to people in need! Makes me happy. I have now donated 132 items to charity this year!!!!! Completely superceeding my goal. :) Yay! And it reduced my fabric pile.
For more of my 60 days of blogging posts click here.