Well hi welcome to my little blog. Just my little corner of craftiness, sewing, and refashioning. I am also a newly gluten free eater so you have a little bit of recipes mixed in here.

Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Paisley Skirt to sundress, #39

Found this lovely orange and dark red skirt that I could not turn down. Too big of course. I thought about what I wanted to do with it and one day when I put it on it hit me... easy dress.
Similar to the red dress I just refashioned using elastic
I decided I would just add elastic to the first tier of the skirt, leave the zipper. And wear as a dress! Done. Easy refashion. Very boho sort of feel....




I did have to hem the lining some but that is about the sewing I did. I did not add the elastic to the lining, only the skirt. But the recap. A really easy refashion.

cheers,
Lauren

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice!! Really like how it turned out.

Lola Nova said...

It looks much better after you refashioned it! That's a good idea too, I think i'll be on the look out for a maxi skirt that I can do this with :)

Amy said...

Great reeading your post

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...