Mom gave me another dress (yay for dresses!) I was a big black peplum dress she was going to wear. She actually paid a seamstress to fix an invisible zipper which was not put in right... something I could easily fix for her but I'm so far away....
I had no before pictures which I don't know what happened. So I am going to blame computer gnomes. I only had this picture. An almost semi-before. I had cut off the top from the skirt and decided to turn it into 2 pieces. It was going to take a lot of work, A LOT, to get it to be a dress. I opted to go for basic wardrobe staples. I simply cut the top from the bottom. Nothing fancy about that!
I took in the sides and added a side zipper, which with a tight skirt gave me issues beyond belief. I should have just unpicked the center of it. Lesson learned. I finished the top of the skirt with black bias tape. This gave me a wonderful finishing.
Done! Something simple to go with things. Easy option for work!
Recap! Part 1 is the skirt. Part 2 is next.... I am sure you can guess it, a peplum top!
If you can tell I'm slightly off with my blogging. Normally things are scheduled and I just sort of lost track of things. There are some things that in my personal life that I am dealing with and taking a lot of time. I hoping things calm down soon. I can tell I look exhausted in the pictures. I am very tired. I am just trying to take things as I can. This Friday will be my next refashion. Luckily I realized I am getting close to being halfway done and that did cheer me up.