I divided them up into gold buttons which I don't care for and then colors (but no black, white, cream, brown).. First with the gold... I wanted to make a button bib necklace. I arranged my buttons in a way that would work and be sort of balanced while it was on a piece of black felt.
Next I both glued and sewed on the buttons. the ones with holes I sewed on while the raised ones had to be glued. I had initially tried to just sew them but it did not work well when the bib was upright-they hung weird. I glued between buttons to give the necklace a little bit more stability.
Now it is time to back it a little bit more for stabilitty. Fun with hot glue!! Yeah!
Now it is time to make it a necklace. I had to dig b/c my craft closet was a bit messy.
Warning this didn't work b/c I had too much glue on the opposite site as you can see in the next few pictures...
So I decided to glue black chain to one side and then a loop to the opposite side. I had to tweak the length to where I wanted it to lay on my chest.
I backed it yet again (now 3rd layer!) with another piece of black felt. Cut away.
Now here is my finished necklace! Yay!! Here's to another project! I actually really like it b/c I am not a fan of gold normally. But I do like this necklace!
I have full intentions of using the multiple color buttons for maybe a headband or something but I will have to wait until a little bit later. I ran out of black elastic to make another project for this challenge!