Well hi welcome to my little blog. Just my little corner of craftiness, sewing, and refashioning. I am also a newly gluten free eater so you have a little bit of recipes mixed in here.

Monday, April 28, 2014

Lace shirt refashion, refashion #32

Alright next refashion was this what I called the old lady lace blouse. It just reminds me of something my grandmother might like. But for some reason I was drawn to it. And then I realized it was polyester.


I really like the lace insert though. I pulled out the shoulder pads (really!!) and took off the sleeves.
Now what I don't have any pictures of the next part. I dyed it using iDYE- black. It did not come out as I had planned. I haven't been having the best of luck with iDYE like I have in the past. I got a grey with a mixed color background. Which I actually didn't mind. And the lace was lighter than the rest of the blouse so it was a nice contrast. I took it in just a hair near the arm holes and finished with bias tape. New version of the blouse



Just so you can see the entire piece. 

This top will be good for work under a blazer so I am happy for something different. Here's the recap.
Cheers,
Lauren

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow!! Looks completely different! Nice

Mary Sane said...

Love this!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...