However, what is not appropriate for church is the buttons only go so far. Um No! Not wearing this to church!
Now the iron craft challenge is trend: nautical, floral, radiant orchid, or geometric. This one hits 2 of these categories- floral and radiant orchid!! Yeah. So we had a bunch of buttons (24 after I removed them), some loops with a tie in the back, and no zippers. I removed the buttons and the ties. I decided to turn the dress backwards to wear and use the old button placket for me to put in a zipper. I also pulled open the seams and removed the loops- closed it back up. And added some bust darts. Then we dyed it with RIT dye Violet.
Um not what I expected with color but I like it. And it is radiant orchid. I also created a new neckline. Cut the dress in half- removed the middle section and then reattached the middle section. Add zipper. Finish all edges with bias tape. Done! And I finished it in time! (I'm out of town). Hurried up and took some end shots....
Added a belt to mix it up. :)
All I need is a good iron but no time!
Yeah this picture the zipper is crooked... no idea why. It is not. Being in a hurry isn't always the best.