Well hi welcome to my little blog. Just my little corner of craftiness, sewing, and refashioning. I am also a newly gluten free eater so you have a little bit of recipes mixed in here.

Friday, April 26, 2013

My first roast!

We got a crock pot. We were actually excited about it. For some reason I associate crock pots with old ladies and things you might get on your wedding list by that one crazy aunt.... Or I associate it with domestic-ness. I don't know, I find that I am an odd mix of old-fashion with modern. Sitting at home cooking all day is not for me. There is so much I want to accomplish in life. Ok ranting-but we had a realization that a crock pot may be something to fit our lifestyle better. And wow I must say they modernized their look- it is not that cheesy white with bad flowers on the outside. I like simple clean lines. So I was home one day for a snow day and thought it would be a great time to try a roast. Oh! And I will say this my boyfriend uses the crock pot more than me! How funny is that.

So he left me instructions. :)

So it was simple! Add meat.

season with Omaha Steaks seasoning. Rub down. This stuff is amazing! And I don't react to it with Gluten. Thank you Omaha Steak!

 I added my roast with some water and carrots

Cook! I cooked 1 hour on high then turned it to low for about 3-4 hours. Done! Wow and it tasted amazing.

So now I am not so anti-crock pot. I did not get and end pic but the roast was amazing! :)

Maybe more crock pot recipes will follow. :)

xoxoxo,
Lauren

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...