Well hi welcome to my little blog. Just my little corner of craftiness, sewing, and refashioning. I am also a newly gluten free eater so you have a little bit of recipes mixed in here.

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Pink ruffle skirt DIY with liner

Today I made my own skirt. No patterns! Yay! Found this pink ruffle fabric remmant on sale at Joann Fabrics. Super excited about it. And it was just enough to make a skirt.

I used a skirt I already had as a template. Folded the ruffle fabric in half and prepared to cut. 

I added about a 1/2 inch seam allowance to the cut fabric. Used my handy ruler-I love that thing! I saved the rest of the fabric probably for some bibs-Don't know yet. 

Now this fabric was a tad on the see through side-something I don't want for a skirt. I had some bronze-brown spandex in my fabric stash. I traced the pattern with some chalk and then cut. 

I sewed the pink portion of the skirt at the side seams which was hard with those ruffles actually-I was surprised. And then repeat for the brown spandex. 

I put the skirts together and sewed the top of the waist band. I think turned it right side out and left a little bit of brown band to give the edge a finished look. I stretched the fabric while I sewed it BTW...


Even out the bottom hem... (just cut it! Fabric won't fray)

Done! 

Here it is on... 

Not too shabby eh?? Comfy and I can wear it to work. I am excited! And it worked! Yay!

xoxoxo,
Lauren

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...