Well hi welcome to my little blog. Just my little corner of craftiness, sewing, and refashioning. I am also a newly gluten free eater so you have a little bit of recipes mixed in here.

Friday, January 31, 2014

GF cooking- Cinnamon apple risotto

Trying to use my cookbooks and cook some different food! This is one of my cookbooks.

Today is all about the cinnamon apple risotto. It supposed to be for breakfast. It looked to die for!
 Ingredients:
1/2 stick butter
4 apples (I used granny smith)- nicely sliced up
1.5 teaspoons cinnamon
1/4 tsp allspice ( I didn't have ground up so I had to ground my own in my food processor- see #2)
1/4 tsp salt
1.5 cups arborio rice
1/2 cup brown sugar 
4 cups of apple juice
1 tsp vanilla
1. diced up my apples- this took the LONGEST!
2. Had to also grind up my all spice
3. combine apples with butter, cinnamon, allspice, and salt in a pan. On Medium/High heat cook and stir to get the apples to start releasing juices. Takes about 3 to 5 minutes. Your house will smell amazing at this point.
4. In your slow cooker, coat with oil spray. Add rice and apple mix- mix it up all together. Then add apple juice, brown sugar, and vanilla. Mix up and simply let it cook for 2 hours on high!

Done!! I added some sliced almonds and dried cherries to the bowl. And I had this wonderful dish to nosh on.


It was delightful. Warm. Delicious! Filling. This would be great if you had a lot of people (since it makes a lot) to feed for breakfast or brunch. Actually, I paired it with some bacon wrapped beef fillets for dinner that night. It was a really nice compliment to the beef. Will definitely do again when I have a lot of company!

Cheers,
Lauren

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...