Well hi welcome to my little blog. Just my little corner of craftiness, sewing, and refashioning. I am also a newly gluten free eater so you have a little bit of recipes mixed in here.

Saturday, February 1, 2014

Pattern Retry- Crazy tribal pants

I promise you this will be the last (well, never say never right?) project with this tribal fabric. I promise it like multiplied.

Let's revisit those glorified PJ pants....

Using the simplicity 1663 pattern. 

After I knew that the size that I cut was way too big, I decided to cut off some of the excess fabric before I sew it. This fabric is a thin drapey knit so if I would have sewed the pattern as is with this drapey knit it would be a HOT MESS. Time to modify, I took 2-3 inches off the top waist line. Then I took 1.5 inches off each side and inner portions of the pants. Let's attempt to do math..... so 3 inches removed from each pant part!!! Then I sewed- a really easy sew.

Now the pants fit and are much more like the picture on the pattern. Now I just need to make myself a nice drapey sleeveless top to go with these bad boys and I'd be super happy.




I definitely want to get a longer shirt, this pattern is crazy and I need a longer shirt to kind of hit more in the hip area to help elongate my figure. It can easily go hippy on me. But all my sleeveless tops are packed up. Will have to dig when things warm up around here. Oh also I did not hem the bottom pants as they are a knit and won't fray. Since the fabric is a knit and the pants are tight and stretch it does raise the length. No big deal. THIS is what I anticipated to get in the first run. 6+ inches later- I finally got it!!

For fun lets recap all what I have made with this fabric..
Halter Dress

Ruched Skirt
And now pants!!

There is still more fabric left but not much. I am trying to come up with idea what to do. Charity sewing? Tho I think the fabric is too crazy to give to charity for babies. Panties? Maybe a bralet? I'll let it simmer. Onward to my next projects!!! :)

Cheers,
Lauren

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Is there any way you could use the leftover bits to decorate your home? Pillows, etc.? Or perhaps the print is too much? Hmmm...

Beth said...

Nice! I love how the fabric looks as different garments-- the skirt it to die for!

Alethia said...

Beautiful fabric! You got good use out of it, I love each of those pieces!

Sarah Liz said...

You got the stripes to match - not easy on floppy fabrics. You must be tired of that fabric by now. I am sure you will come up with an idea - I always use bits to make infinity scarves.

Emily said...

Those pants look great and I agree that is fantastic fabric! I save most of my knit scraps and put them in a bag for undies later on. It's convenient to have them right there, ready to go!

La La Lauren!!! said...

Thank you everyone for the compliments. And also suggestions. I had thought about a scarf but it may not work out based on how things were cut.

La La Lauren!!! said...

And also probably a little too busy for home decor. I think my boyfriend may draw the line. Lol. I'm still leaning towards the panties route so lets see. :)

Agy said...

Wow, you've been really busy with that fabric!
Green Issues by Agy

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...