I chose the sailor option, I have never been a sailor before and I had the fabric all at home! Thank you stash!
So here is the bodice and the midriff part.
Making the bubble skirt. That was not pleasant I will admit that!
Natasha, or my grey ninja, with the netting. This was challenging with her!!! And challenging to sew! My foot was getting caught in the netting. Sigh!
When I was adding the white bias trim I cheated and used my ruler to mark where they needed to go.
I also cheated on adding the trim to the back collar. I was too tired to figure out how to mitre the corner or make it curve. I sewed and glued the overlap!
The jacket finished! :) I was very happy with the outcome! And yes that is Natasha on my ironing board. She is my little sewing shadow!
I fitted the dress to me. Which took some effort. The bodice was very big. Everything else was pretty good. :) Now I needed adornments.
Found a Sailor Hat on amazon again for pretty cheap.
Hat while glueing! I used some red sequin trim to give it some flair! :)
So here is my Halloween Costume. This picture was taken on my iPhone by Calvin who doesn't have a steady hand. I am working on a better picture b/c I would like to submit it to the Simplicity contest!
Overall, I love it. The bubble skirt was painful though. I would probably make this pattern again should I need to make it for another costume. I wish the jacket was longer, it is a tad too short and if I lift my arms up you see the striped bodice underneath. The directions call for bias trim but none really matched my fabric color. The skirt is short! I was almost borderline uncomfortable. I was saved b/c it was a bubble skirt but I did not bend over! I cut a 14 rather than a 12, and I did find there was one mis-print on one of the pattern pieces..
It says 12 but really it is meant for a 14. This pattern had many pieces, all for almost the different sizes. :)
I totally want to make another costume! Maybe I'll make one for the christmas party!