Well hi welcome to my little blog. Just my little corner of craftiness, sewing, and refashioning. I am also a newly gluten free eater so you have a little bit of recipes mixed in here.

Monday, February 18, 2013

Peacock feather stamped scarf

Well happy President's Day everyone! So excited to share this project. I am again giddy! I first started with a plain white silk scarf I got as a bonus gift after purchasing from Dharma trading. I had to do something with it, I dyed it aqua using RIT dye aqua. Love the color!

Before:

with dye

I decided it was too boring so I must do something with it. Then one day casually strolling in Hobby Lobby I saw that stamps were 50% off. Score! And then I saw this beautiful peacock feather. Had to have it! I decided I wanted to stamp my scarf with this stamp!! First I practiced on a thin piece of cotton to get used to stamping b/c frankly i have not stamped since I was like in grade school... I also used Tulip's soft fabric paint in brown. I also diluted this to not make it so thick and leave the fabric still flowy. 

Stamp!! I placed cardboard underneath to catch the water and paint. As you can see I had 1 plate with my mixed paint. One side is thicker than the other. I stamp on the right side (the thinner side) then I stamped on the other plate (located on the right) then I stamped the fabric. 

Close up, I had a few hang ups but overall it was looking good. I realized perfection was not going to happen. Now to do the other side. 

OOps! This is what happens when they don't match up. Feathers don't look good 

Here is after I was done. I filled in the rest of the scarf with smudges since I got 2 from my stamp. 

Let dry! And we are ready! 


Now I need to learn how to wear it but it looks fabulous on my red purse! :) Won't mistake my purse for anyone else's!


Hope you enjoyed this. Now I am obsessed with this stamp and would love to create my own fabric..... Oh wheels are turning!!!!

xoxox,
Lauren

2 comments:

Lovely Light said...

That looks gorgeous!!

Cucicucicoo said...

wow, love it! it looks great, and you can't even notice the imperfections if you're not looking for them! :) lisa

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...