Well hi welcome to my little blog. Just my little corner of craftiness, sewing, and refashioning. I am also a newly gluten free eater so you have a little bit of recipes mixed in here.

Friday, October 3, 2014

Butternut Squash Gnocchi

I miss gnocchi and though I would try this option.
Again, the recipe is from the gluten free bible.

So you can see the recipe in the picture, the rest of the ingredients are
juice of 1 lemon
1/4 c shredded parmesan cheese

1. Cut up squash and put in microwave bowl- this took forever. next time i'll roast in the oven. It was painfully long. Cover with vented plastic wrap. Microwave for 7 minutes or until tender. Let stand for 10 minutes, drain.
2. Press squash through ricer into bowl. Add 1 c rice flour, 2 tsp salt, xantham gum, & pepper. Mix.
3. Dust the heck out of cutting board. And keep it handy b/c you will need it badly.
4. Cut into smaller pieces and work in batches. Roll into rope and cut to 3/4 inch pieces. Your hands will be very dirty and hence why no pictures.
5. Boil up some salted water.  Drop gnocchi into water and cook for 2.5 minutes or until they float. Remove with spoon.
6. In skillet, add everything else beginning first with butter. Add gnocchi, toss to coat and cook for about 2 minutes,
7. Top with Parmesan. Serve

This is awesome but I didn't care for the lemon butter. I won't do it again. The next day I added a tomato basil sauce and I thought it complemented the squash better.
OMG delicious and better than potato!!!! Definitely recommend!

Cheers,
Lauren

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...