Well hi welcome to my little blog. Just my little corner of craftiness, sewing, and refashioning. I am also a newly gluten free eater so you have a little bit of recipes mixed in here.

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Bali Bliss

Another Gift for Liz here we come! I am trying another pattern from Grosgrain Fabulous's free pattern month called Bali Bliss. It comes from Sewing In No Man's Land a wondeful blog on how far and how much could she make with 15 yards of fabric.

First I choose a different cutesy flowered pattern for Lylah and opted to make this pattern. I downloaded the pattern from her website. I will say I was a bit confused at first on how to put the pieces together. Not all matched up properly. I do not know if it was because my printer printed it wrong or conversion problems when they were transferred.

Here is me cutting out some of the pieces.

Here is Natasha watching me cut the fabric. She behaved this time! I can't believe how big she is getting!

Also I also realized that if you are doing a print or any sort of fabric you can not use either side without it showing you HAVE to flip the Front Right Main Panel part of the pattern or else you will not get very far in the beginning. I thought I had a picture of it but I don't. I also realized you may need to change up the bottom b/c they are different lengths.

Ok another problem I stumbled into was the part where you have to gather the top part of the top and connect it to a piece. The piece that was labeled this was too big

I thought mabye the "fold" label was wrong so I tried another side

It definitely helped.

Now I have something to gather! I went through the rest of the pattern flawlessly. But I did have to cut some of the bottom off one of the top sections. I forget which one. And.... DON'T FORGET TO HEM THE TOP UNLESS YOU ADD LACE!

For the pants part I did find it challenging to make my way in attaching the wide middle section since I have never done anything like that before. No pictures here. I did have to alter the pattern too but that was pretty easy. I'm pretty sure the middle part was a bit too short. Sorry I don't know what happened to the rest of these pictures! I also made my own casing for the elastic. I made up a number for a elastic length so I would like to apologize now Lylah when you are able to fit in it-if it doesn't fit. basically just cut everything to match the pictures on the website. :)

But here is the final product. I opted for no lace. I had struggled with this pattern but I was so happy when it was done.

Again my disclaimer to Liz, I hope the elastic fit b/c I am clueless! I don't have kids!

xoxoxo,
Lauren :)

1 comment:

annies home said...

super cute love the pretty flowers come see me at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...