I decided to turn it into a skirt. it was a size XL but it was also stretchy. Don't think it was actually true to size. I never actually tried it on b/c it was a bit ugly.
First thing to come off was that tshirt material edge. It just didn't work and I did not like it. It was also old looking.
Next, I continued with my seam ripper and began to undo the middle leg seam on both sides. I went up past the inseam area so the skirt would work without any funky things going on.
Next we need to join the 2 legs together. I began at the top and worked my way to the bottom. I pinned it in place and now you can see this J- shape in the inseam. I knew about this b/c I have sewn several pairs of harem pants. We want to remove this J and make it flso the skirt will sit straight.
While I was pinning I pinned to wear the J would be gone (so straight down) this was where I was going to sew.
Simply just sew. I tried it on and the length was not working. You can tell the pants began to taper b/c of the shape the skirt took on. Off came many inches.
Then I just created a hem, folding up 1 inch. Pin and iron to make your sewing life easier. Then sew.
End product.. not too bad. No zippers (yay!) the elastic barely stretches on my hips but it is comfy. I am trying to figure out what is the perfect top to pair it with yet. But it would also be perfect for beach day/coverup b/c its so nice and light. :)
It is not a fancy skirt, just something simple.
Challenge taken, success! Thank you Sonja for my new skirt!