Well hi welcome to my little blog. Just my little corner of craftiness, sewing, and refashioning. I am also a newly gluten free eater so you have a little bit of recipes mixed in here.

Friday, January 4, 2013

Next Style Project 4: Zip screen fun- shirt and tote bag

Today I am going to show you how easy it is to use Zip Screens from My Next Style. Today is 2 easy projects in one. I have seen Zip screens in the stores but I was always a little hesitant to try them out, I never thought they were easy. But I am here to tell you wrong!

So first the shirt. I took a plain t-shirt

Next I selected one of the screens I wanted to use.

I selected the All Star screen and the purple ink. Next I placed a piece of cardboard underneath the t-shirt so the ink would not transfer to the other side. Also another good piece of advice is to tape down the screen to the shirt so the screen doesn't move. The screens naturally  have a stickiness to them so they will stick to the shirt.

Next I cut across the line and smeared the ink across the screen. Super easy! Then peel the screen away and let the ink dry. If you want to reuse your screen immediately wash it, the ink will wash right out! Here is the shirt

Here is the shirt on

Next I tried the screens out on a tote bag. And I decided to combine ink colors- they don't run into to each other! OMG! I repeated everything I did previously!




Thanks again to My Next Style, check them out on Facebook they have some great projects! And also fashionartprojects.com for more inspirtation and some great ideas with zip screens. I hope you are no longer chicken (like I was to try out zip screens!).

Tomorrow I have another project with Zip Screens! OMG they are so cute!

xoxoxo,
Lauren

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...