Well hi welcome to my little blog. Just my little corner of craftiness, sewing, and refashioning. I am also a newly gluten free eater so you have a little bit of recipes mixed in here.

Saturday, March 30, 2013

Pink Pearl and Ribbon Necklace

I started this project one day after seeing some pins on pinterest. It looked easy enough! So I grabbed pink ribbon that I have excess of with pink pearls, thread and of course thread heaven. I love that stuff!



Basically I knotted the ribbon and thread (not together). I inserted the needle through the knot to hide the knot of the thread. Add a bead. Then I went through the ribbon. Add a bead. Then I wrapped and went through the ribbon going the opposite direction. Repeat Repeat Repeat. I made 3 ribbons of beads at 3 different lengths. I had just enough.

Now to combine them... I used these rings from a necklace I never wore and I think was part of the beader's stash I purchased. I cut between the big circles. I will save the oval ones for later.



I started with the short string and tied a knot on the ring. Repeat other side. Then add the rest of the bead strings.






I burned the ribbon to prevent it from fraying


But then added glue too. Too afraid. yes I made another version... stay tuned!

Then I grabbed some jump rings and chain.


I wanted the necklace to sit sort of low, so I used long chain. 2 jump rings per chain on each side with a lobster claw. Yay.

Done!



I love the pink! Yay.

xoxoxo,
Lauren

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...