So here is a recap of 2013's resolutions. My responses are in RED that are a success!.
1. Do a 5k.
Yup I signed up for one and then it got shut down for the big closing (you know what I am talking about). So I tried. But was unsuccessful.
2. Get rid of fabric- 1 suitcase.
Now it was to 1 suitcase but that was impossible. So early on in the year I changed it to 1 suitcase. +1 point! I counted up my fabric points and got 285!!! Yeah!!
3. Sew 200 items for charity.
Yes! +1. I actually I exceeded 200!
22 capes, 167 bibs, 33 wash cloths, and 1 large terry cloth fabric donation for a grand total of 223!!!!
4. Get rid of 1 box of beads.
Yup actually got rid of 1 big box and then also another tray of beads. +1 points: 80!
5. Do all of my instructional bellydance DVDs.
I got halfway. so +0.5. still better than nothing!
6. Reduce craft kits to 3. There are 10 right now, so that means finish 7 of them. Here they are:
I got rid of 3, but didn't reduce. I decided to focus more on sewing and crafts as they take up a lot of space in my closet. These don't. So I sort of abandoned ship.
7. Get out of credit card debt.
Nope but I am close!
8. Do 20 more refashions.
Yup my goal was 20 and I actually did --- so +1! The grand total was 28! Tho next year we are going bigger!
9. Complete 24 sewing patterns.
Yup! I got it! I did -- patterns! so +1! I completed 32!!!!! Holy Moly!
10. Restore my grandmother's linens.
Yes finally I restored all of them. If you are interested in reading about this check out here, here, and here. so +1
11. Finish my t-shirt quilt from college. Really I have started the project, I need to sew it!!!
Yeah, no that didn't happen. :( sigh! Why am I so intimidated??!!!!!!
12. Draft 2 patterns from scratch. Yeah again this goal transferred over to this year.
Yes I did 2! so +1
13. Finish the Bellydance costumes I started:
This did not happen. But I am also not dancing so there is no incentive. Actually I am trying to sell some of my costumes.
14. knit something.
Well I got a scarf done! so +1! I wish I could have done something else but I am slow and still learning.
So out of 14 possible points I have 8.5 points!! OMG yay!!! But really that is a 61% so slightly more than half. Which as always I will take. I think my biggest accomplishments was getting this fabric reduced and also giving to charity. I am so happy with that. Honestly everything else is just small details. I am truly happy my sewing skills have improved and that I got many things sewn and we are reducing what we have in the apartment.
Happy 2013! May 2014 bring you even greater success! I know I am hoping on that!