Well hi welcome to my little blog. Just my little corner of craftiness, sewing, and refashioning. I am also a newly gluten free eater so you have a little bit of recipes mixed in here.

Friday, February 7, 2014

GF cooking: meatloaf cupcake

Another recipe down the hatch. Different gluten book- the Gluten Free Bible.


I wanted to try their meatloaf cupcakes. They looked so great! It is a meaty bottom and the icing on the "cupcake" is mashed potatoes. 

Ingredients:
1.5 ground beef 
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/3 rice chex
1 egg
2 tbp rosemary

1. I combined everything in a bowl. 
2. Trasnferred to cupcake holders and bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes. Ensuring they are properly cooked.
3. Err this is what they looked like super greasy and it disformed the liners. They were soaking wet.
4. OMG just full of fat!!!

This recipe should have called  extra lean beef. I used 80/20 and it was too much fat. I just used instant mashed potatoes to make my icing. I sprinkled it with cheddar cheese. The taste was nice, but a bit bland for me. My boyfriend did like that it was different. I liked the concept. I may do this again but change the seasoning. 


As use less fat!!! But nice for a quick bite to eat. Yup he could pop an entire one in his mouth. Meat and potatoes. Every man's dreams. LOL

Cheers,
Lauren

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...