Well hi welcome to my little blog. Just my little corner of craftiness, sewing, and refashioning. I am also a newly gluten free eater so you have a little bit of recipes mixed in here.

Monday, February 3, 2014

A Ralph Lauren Skirt gets a makeover, refashion #8

Found this lovely Ralph Lauren skirt (with pockets!). It fit perfectly. But it is just sooo long.

And bland... 

This is an easy fix.
I marked off where I wanted the new skirt to fall. Drew a line with white chalk.
Cut off!
Open up the walking pleat with the lining.
I serged the skirt and the lining so no frays.
Fold up, iron, and sew my new hem. I made sure that the pleat (that is the wrong word!!) fold back over for a nice clean finish!

Done!




This skirt has so many possibilities. I am excited with this simple refashion! It really looks great on! And I have  a functional walking pleat!

Cheers, (91 left!)
Lauren

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The thing you call a pleat is actually called a vent.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...