Well hi welcome to my little blog. Just my little corner of craftiness, sewing, and refashioning. I am also a newly gluten free eater so you have a little bit of recipes mixed in here.

Friday, February 14, 2014

GF cooking: southwest spaghetti squash

This is a fabulous recipe! We love it! Southwest spaghetti squash casserole.


It is from this book....

Ingredients:
1 spaghetti squash
1 can (~14 ounces) tomatoes- I used Rotel tomatoes with peppers, and I drained them-- recipe didn't call for that. I opted for Rotel since it does have a nice kick to it. You may not want this.
1 can ~14 ounces black beans, rinsed and drained
3/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
1/4 chopped cilantro
1 tsp ground cumin
1/4 tsp garlic salt (I didn't have and just used garlic powder)
1/4 black pepper


Directions:
1. Cook squash at 350 degree on a cookie sheet. Cut them in half and put face down on the cookie sheet. Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour. Remove. Let cool for a bit.
2. shred squash with fork into a bowl.
3. Add all ingredients saving 1/4 cup of the cheese for the topping. Mix together well. Transfer to a baking dish. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
4. Bake uncovered for 30 to 35 minutes. Serve!


We had just a little bit of liquid on the bottom. I don't think I got all the juice out from the tomatoes.

Nom. OMG this was fabulous on the cold winter days. Helps clear you up! And keep you warm!

My boyfriend went bananas over this dish. Which at first he was like, er well I guess I will try it. Then after he did, it was inhaled. I have made this again and it was still delicious! We definitely have a winner here. I highly recommend!

Cheers,
Lauren

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...