So I had leftover wool. I washed it and cleaned it up. It didn't really felt. But all good.
The next Iron Craft challenge was hearts and flowers. We could do something with either of the two. I wanted to do a refashion to keep attacking my 99 refashion challenge. I was looking through this book the other night and then I cam across these baby shoes.
OMG they were just adorable. And I had everything on hand to do these shoes!
So I cut out my pieces from the pattern they provided.
And googled how to blanket stitch, this site here made life really easy and clear. Grabbed some embroidery floss. Changed up the pattern using some scrap of my houndstooth fabric that literally was still on my table. And away I went to stitching.The directions were a bit wordy for me but I understood what I had to do- once I got the hang of it, it went fast! And hey I used up some of my floss! Made it my own. There was no way I wanted to add tiny button holes in wool. The houndstooth is a knit so it does stretch. Yeah! Done!!
OMG these are just too precious. I have more of the red wool leftover that I can probably make more.
Here's to using up things I have in my place! Yay! Hopefully I'll get more done in a few weeks and I'll post more!
85 left to go!