I took a little bit off the bottom. I serged it and waited to fix the waistband before I made my final hem. I didn't want to mess with the zipper, so I unpicked the stitches at the waistband located on the opposite side. I got the waistband readjusted (sorry no pics! it took some time and I was in the zone). You can see in the bottom picture that the pin represents how much I needed to pinch off for the waist. I then sewed down, see the arrow, taking in more of the fabric on the side. This will now make the skirt a little bit less of an A. Once the waistband was fixed, I made my hem. Done! No hardware was touched in this refashion!
Tada! This skirt is so much fun!
My grey with pink toe shoes were prefect for this skirt!!