Well hi welcome to my little blog. Just my little corner of craftiness, sewing, and refashioning. I am also a newly gluten free eater so you have a little bit of recipes mixed in here.

Friday, March 21, 2014

Gluten Free: Bread crumbs and fried chicken try

I miss fried chicken. I do. Chicken nuggets too. I found this at the store by Namaste and thought I would give it a try.

I followed the instructions, used an egg and some chicken breasts I had on hand. I got sassy and decided to add italian seasoning to my second batch. Fried those puppies up. Done!

The chicken on the left is with the bread crumbs and the right is with my added italian seasoning. 
Now they looked great coming out of the frying pan and tasted good right then and there. HOWEVER ONCE THEY WERE COOLED THERE WAS A WEIRD TASTE. No joke. There was this sort of chemical taste to them and it was in both so it wasn't the seasoning. It was just the bread crumbs themselves. I couldn't place it but it was off. Even my boyfriend agreed and he actually came to the same conclusion independent of myself. Something is not right. 

I do not recommend, and will not buy again. Sorry gluten free fried chicken, that is still going to have to wait some... Sigh. Oh well, can't eat them all!

Cheers,
Lauren

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...