Well hi welcome to my little blog. Just my little corner of craftiness, sewing, and refashioning. I am also a newly gluten free eater so you have a little bit of recipes mixed in here.

Monday, October 22, 2012

Day 83: Cajun butter injected spaghetti squash

Finally, the recipe is here, well a backbone of a recipe.  I know a lot of people have been waiting for it. This is absolutely amazing.

First you can either buy your cajun butter or make it. Charlie was out so we made it. FYI he doesn't measure anything! Heat a small pot with a stick of butter to get it to melt. And now we start adding things here is his list of ingredients in no particular order: butter, olive oil, pepper, salt, garlic powder, onion flakes, oregano (dash), liquid smoke, thyme (dash too-this brings out the flavor), lemon juice, cajun shake powder, celery salt (or seed again enhances the flavor).




Liquid smoke. Charlie swears by this!

Here is the syringe we used and also the cajun shake to add to the butter mixture.

We also added some olive oil to dilute it some. Again we have not measured anything. Charlie goes by taste!

Whisk!!!!!



Also he added some lemon juice to bring out the flavor. Just a dash. You can't actually taste it in the butter mixture.

Put it all into a cut this is to help with loading the syringe.

Time to inject the spaghetti squash. place into a bowl or dish to help prevent it from rolling away from you.

First injection, your aim is to go into the middle of the squash. You will feel a change in the resistance with the needle.

Next hole (#2) now you have less suction with the squash. 

Keep injecting until the butter begins to come out of a hole. We created 3 holes in total.

Time for the green egg! WARNING MAKE SURE YOU PUT THE HOLES UP AND NOT DOWN ON THE GRILL. OR ELSE EVERYTHING WILL LEAK OUT!!! 

It cooked for I would say about 40 minutes. The skin starts to squishy and looks deflated. Then this means you are about done! Cut down the center and pull out spaghetti.

Done! Enjoy!

Warning this spaghetti has a KICK. I can only take so much cajun spices before it makes me a tiny bit sick but it is so tasty. We did this one football saturday. It was gone within 20 minutes. I was surprised. Next week one of my friends brought the biggest squash I ever seen and asked to do it again. :) 

For more of my 90 days of blogging to DC click here! Almost done! I can't believe I survived this far! 1 week to go!!! 

xoxoxo,
Lauren














No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...