Well hi welcome to my little blog. Just my little corner of craftiness, sewing, and refashioning. I am also a newly gluten free eater so you have a little bit of recipes mixed in here.

Thursday, October 25, 2012

Day 86: Third time is a charm!

Wow So I don't know what happened! I thought I had today covered but looks like I did not. I just got back from a whirlwind trip filled with drama in D.C. We were looking for apartments and to get a feel for the area before I go to work there. The weather was lovely. But I am really tired! I had to wake up at 3am EST to drive to the airport. And dodge deer on the side of the road. Wow, its been a long day. Well on Day 80, I posted a refashion of the shirt I dyed 2x!

It went from this white shirt


to this bad light green shirt

to then blue

But I really wasn't happy with it. Then in my last dyeing experience before the move, I attempted to dye this jacket darker with RIT black dye.
I threw in this shirt while I was at it. For the jacket, long story short- the jacket fell apart in the wash. It was old and only $1. Black RIT dye here I come!

Long story short, the jacket just didn't hold up in the wash. So it is a goner. I was sad. However the new shirt color came out this awesome charcoal grey! Yes! Score!


Yeah we are approaching the chaotic move. It is chaotic for many reasons which I won't get into right now. I didn't have the time (nor do I want any messier apartment pictures on my blog!) so you got a couch photo. The shirt is MUCH more wearable now! For more of my 90 days of blogging click here!

4 more days left! yay!!!!!!

xoxoxoxo
Lauren


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...