First to compensate the larger armholes with taking it up at the shoulders. Sew down.
Next, the top of the shirt needed something. It was so boring. I decided to change it to a V-neck.
Measure from the center of the shirt, I think it was around 3 or 4 inches.
Pin and sew.
Additionally, I added some fusible interface at the V spot to stabilize it, so it would not rip anymore. That woven fabric really wants to fray with it. I could not take it in much on my dress form. and it was only a smidge so I opted to not take it in on the sides. I used a belt instead with a big cream flower. I also took it up about 4 inches from the bottom too. It was just too long.
Here is the end product.
Love it! Not so mom-ish! :)