After much thinking I opted to finish this felt project that I was going to give as a christmas present. I purchased it from Hobby Lobby last year, it was normally $40 but I got it for a really really good price (it was like 90% off!).
I hit the wall after I started the penquins. I opted for glue and fabric paint. The sewing/embroidery I don't really do well.
I have been working on this project non-stop and feeling like I was going no where. OMG I got no other crafts or sewing or refashions done this weekend. I was solely doing only this felt project. Here is the end product.
I sort of edited it. I did not like the dangling snowflakes. It would have never made it with my cats. I also attached more of the letters together and used hot glue. The directions called for only a "few stitches" to attach the penquins and letters together. Yeah that would not have worked. The hot glue reinforced it. I also wished Bucilla would have had 2 penquins on each side instead of 3 and 1. And I am glad there are no snowflakes-less is more!
So glad this project is finished and over! I need a break from felt projects (though I have 4 more kits- 2 antique cars with Santa and 2 snowmen christmas card holder). I need to like sew something or refashion something. This took a lot of time!