Well hi welcome to my little blog. Just my little corner of craftiness, sewing, and refashioning. I am also a newly gluten free eater so you have a little bit of recipes mixed in here.

Friday, September 7, 2012

Day 38: Cherry cherry boom boom

I first started with this fun cherry old lady shirt I found when I was home for the holidays. There are lots of old people living in Cape Coral, Florida where my parents live. Its prime thrifting location!!! I wish I could have went more! But I love the keyhole detail at the neck.


First, I took off some of the thickness. Put it on my dressform (BTW love my dressform)

Sewed that down. Doing this I realized I had a hole in the arm. Fixed that!

Now I wanted to find something to pair it with.I had this red halter dress I found and was in the refashion pile. It didn't fit right and I wanted to do something it.

I realized I would turn it into a no-sew skirt! But first I needed to remove the waist ties.

Then I slide the dress on with my skirt.

But we are not putting it on! The halter straps will used as a belt.

Tie in the back. Done!!




This outfit has a nice fun retro feel. Yeah! 2 things with 1 stone! LOL I can use the red dress as a skirt for other tops too! How fun is that!

22 more days left!! For more of my posts of my 60 days to DC goal click here.

xoxoxoxo,
Lauren

2 comments:

Lovely Light said...

I love how you did almost nothing to the dress and made it 10x better! The cherry print is darling.

blissfulsewing said...

This is such a great idea, thanks for sharing!
www.blissfulsewing.blogspot.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...