The first thing that needed to be done was the straps were way too big and needed to be shortened. I opened up the seam just slightly and pulled out the strap. It took me several tries but I found where I wanted it to be (about 3-4 inches from where it was!). Repeat on the other side.
The dress was already looking better. There was minimal left to take in on the sides so I opted not to do so. I would have to undo a lot of seams and lining in order to make this dress fit more. I decided it was not worth the effort. I did decide though, I could take off some of the bottom. I cut off the bottom hem.
Then I ran the bottom through my serger to finish the edges and prevent it from fraying. I folded it up an inch and ironed/pinned down. Sew!
Done. Paired it with another belt b/c I like to show the waist. And here is the dress! Happy! If I paired it with a cardigan it would still be work appropriate!
For more of my 60 days of blogging click here! 10 more days left! Wahoo!